AWANA (3 years old thru 5th Grade)
Wildwood has partnered with Awana to help parents develop spiritually strong children who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. Our Awana program offers a proven approach for evangelizing and discipling kids in the church and community. Our Goal is to reach kids and families with the Gospel, disciple children to follow Christ, & equip parents to train and equip their children. Awana meets on Wednesday evenings from 6:00-7:30pm throughout the school year. All children attending Awana must be registered! Online registration is now closed, but we would still love to have your children attend Awana. Feel free to come to Awana any Wednesday evening, and we can register your kids that night.
The 2018-2019 Awana Year runs from September 5th through April 11th. Registration Fees are $40 per child (this includes one book and covers the cost of activities, awards and special events).
The Awana Parent meeting took place on September 5th at 6:15pm in the Main Worship Auditorium. If you were unable to attend and have questions, please ask any of the staff or leaders, and we will be more than happy to assist you!
Cubbies is the AWANA Club for preschoolers during the two years prior to regular kindergarten, usually three and four-year-olds.
The Awana club for preschoolers is built on two premises:
1. Young children can and should receive spiritual training.
2. Home is the primary place for spiritual training.
Our preschool program meets these needs through …
Fun – and lots of it! Awana is fun with a purpose – to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ. Games, puppets, crafts, awards and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand in hand.
SPARKS (K-2ND GRADE)
The Awana club for children in kindergarten through second grade builds on the material taught in our preschool clubs. The curriculum takes kids a step deeper into God’s Word while giving regular opportunities to hear the gospel and trust in Jesus Christ. After being immersed in solid foundational teaching at the preschool level, boys and girls frequently come to an understanding of their need to trust Christ as their personal Savior while in Sparks.
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
▪ Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
▪ A clear and consistent presentation of the Gospel message
▪ An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review over 65 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine, establishing a foundation of biblical wisdom.
Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for churched and unchurched kids alike. Club meetings are divided into three segments:
▪ Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the Gospel message
▪ Small group interaction and completion of Bible based lessons
▪ Age-appropriate games
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of Awana to teach third- through fifth-grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. Today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow — today, using exciting features to get kids pumped about God’s Word.
T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this mission:
▪ Handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
▪ Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and loads of fun
▪ A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives